I had this recipe on Pinterest for a while and just never found time to make it. Then I finally gave in and made sure I planned ahead because I wanted something new, and it’s a crock pot meal so it was easy.
Well I’m glad I did because it was delicious. I plan on using it as one of my make ahead meals to freezer for when baby arrives, just throw all the ingredients in a big freezer bag, toss it in the freezer, then when I want it, pull it out, let it thaw, and in to the crock pot it goes.
It’s so tasty, and the best part, is there will definitely be left overs, and if you don’t want to keep making rice, just through it on a bun and use the chicken mixture in a sandwich.
Hope you like it as much as we did!
– 3 chicken breasts
– 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
– 1 can of cream of chicken soup
– 1½ cups chicken broth
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp cajun seasoning
– ¼ tsp garlic salt
– 1 cup of sour cream
– 2 cups of broccoli
1. Put everything except sour cream and broccoli in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
3. Shred the chicken breasts with two forks. (Using forks takes forever, I found a new trick and cut the time in half… use a potato masher!)
4. In a rice cooker (or however you like) cook about 4 cups of rice. (I cheated and just used on of the Lipton Sidekick’s Rice packs)
5. Meanwhile, add broccoli to the crock pot and stir in.
6. Cook for another 30 minutes.
7. When done cooking, stir in sour cream with the crock pot mixture.
8 Enjoy over a bowl of rice.