If you are traveling to a place you know, or have been too more than once, or if you are traveling to a place you do not know. Research is always a good thing to do before going on your vacation or trip.
I’ve gone to Toronto almost every summer my entire life, be it to visit family or to go to Fan Expo, and each year, that I have planned this trip in my adulthood I have done my research beforehand. Toronto is a city of ever changing, and it has happened more than once that I want to go to a certain store, or restaurant, that is no longer there, because I haven’t looked into it. From that I have learned my lesson, and take a rainy day before we go and plan out my meals, and shopping and sight seeing we want to do while we are there. These are some of the things I do, before I go on my trips.
Some tips and tricks:
- Google the city you are going to, there are a ton of sightseeing websites, and tools for almost everywhere in the world.
- Look up sights along the way, there isn’t just the destination that you can enjoy. (I.E the craft store in Port Hope, or the only Fifth Wheel on the way to Toronto)
- Trip Advisor, Expedia, and all the other sites in between.
- DO NOT rely on technology if you are going somewhere you do not know. Print off the maps, yes it might be a waste of paper, but believe me, not all roads that lead to your destination bring you home. Maps and paper are your friend even in this day and age.
- But on the technology note, now a days you don’t have to bring 15 travel books with you, with apps and the internet you can take pretty much everything with you just on your phone or tablet.
You can save yourself a lot of trouble and frustration if you research where you are going first. And I’ll be honest with you, it makes waiting for the trip a little more fun.