Sarah’s New Years Resolution
So my 2014 started out with a bang…well more like a cringe. By mid-day on January 1 I found myself in the emergency room in a lot of pain unable to get comfortable. Within the 5 hours of being at the hospital I had had x-rays, been on an IV, had an ultrasound done, taken a double dose of antibiotics and sent home with a prescription for all kinds of medicine. The final diagnosis was that I had a kidney infection. Something that can’t be detected until it’s too late and you have an intense pain that wraps around your side (in my case the left side).
Needless to say, my husband and I both agreed that it’s time to start taking better care of ourselves. AKA I need to start taking better care of us since I’m the cook. So I’m now on the search for new recipes to help ensure that this infection doesn’t come back. This leads me to my New Years resolution for the year (same as last years but I gave up pretty quickly last year). This year I’m promising myself, and my family, that I’ll make at least one new dish each week, and with the new need to get and stay healthy.
Here’s a small list of foods to include in your (my new) diet to help cleanse your body and make sure you stay nice and healthy.
– Celery and celery seed
– Flaxseed and flaxseed oil
Want some suggestions on how to include them in your diet, here’s a link with some suggestions of what to do with each of those items.
Top 15 Cleansing Foods
Bonnie’s New Years Resolution
Where Sarah’s resolution is about health, mine is more about mental health. I have a problem with keeping things in, and letting them get to me later down the road. Or taking too many things on, and not knowing when to say it is too much. So therefore 2014 is where I am going to learn to take care of me, and work on the issues I know that I have, when it comes to my mental health.
Some of my goals are:
– Learn to say no. This is one of the biggest issues I have. If someone asks me for a favor, I do it, even if it is an inconvenience to myself, and my boyfriend. I don’t know how to say no to certain people especially. Sarah can contest, my brothers are some of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to saying no, and I do a lot for many people, I need to keep myself sane before I work on everyone else.
– Sometimes there is a thing as too much organization. I over organize, yes, I admit it. My lists have lists, and I have about 10 planners on the go at once. This is getting to be too much, and I know it. So, I have limited myself to two planners, one for work and one for home. My home planner is also a home binder where I keep a bunch of lists, like spring cleaning, car maintenance etc. And just to keep my sanity, I have said I could keep ONE junk journal, where I put everything else. Once I get the hang of everything I will do a post on how I manager all three books.
– Money – this is something I need to get under control. Not spending per say, but just get out of my past debt, and move forward in my finances. I need to start saving for retirement. 32 years, seems a long way away, but it will pass by in the blink of an eye. The boyfriend and I are also planning on getting out of our condo and looking for a house within the next two years, so getting the finances under control will help immensely with this process.
– Last but not least, keep my emotions in check, this will be an on going battle the rest of my life, but I am hoping with making it a goal I will keep it in the forefront of my mind, and work on catching more flies with honey than vinegar.
Here is to a great 2014!