This year I am looking at Christmas a little differently. I have had a stressful year, and most years Christmas is just the icing on the cake.
This year I started early. I began looking for ideas for gifts, and doing things more ahead of time than I normally would, or have in the past. I have four different sets of parents and families to buy for, and it can get overwhelming.
What I have done early:
– Christmas Cards are bought – and the list is made of who to send them to, as well as most of the addresses are found. This weekend I will attempt to write them all up with a little help from the boyfriend.
– Meal plan is made for most of December, this is hopefully going to help the late night shopping trips, and help me/us avoid eating out, or getting takeout.
– The Christmas tree is up! (No, I am not kidding) It is relaxing now, and I’ll be able to fluff it over the next few days, to make it into the perfect Christmas tree.
– The house is clean, and the only place left to do is the guest bedroom. This is going to be a day’s worth of organizing and cleaning, but it will be a nice break from the mall madness.
– Christmas list is made; I have most of the gifts planned out for almost everyone on the list.
- And with this list, I have made a plan on what nights; I will be going to certain malls, and shops to get everything that I can in that one place. I will only be visiting one mall at a time or a group of shops together on one day. THIS is really helping me, I am so far finding this very helpful and so much less stressful than trying to get everything bought on one weekend.
- Next week we will talk a little more about this, and tackling Christmas shopping, with kids, for kids, and for difficult family members. In a co-post with Sarah.
- The week after will be a stocking stuffer guide. My most favorite part of Christmas!
What have you done early? Any tips and tricks?